Maine's Job Bank FAQ - Employer
If you don't find what you are looking for here, please contact us to ask more specific questions. We'll do our best to help you find the answer. You may also download the Maine's Job Bank Employer Reference Manual (PDF) as a guide. Please refer to the Maine Department of Labor's Job Posting Guidelines for more information on what kinds of jobs can be posted in Maine's Job Bank.
- How much does it cost to use this site?
Nothing, this site is a part of the public workforce system and funded with federal dollars.
- How do I set up an employer account?
Click on the "Sign Up" button under "New Customers" on the employer welcome page of Maine's Job Bank. You will need your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and State Employer Identification Number SEIN numbers to complete the account registration process.
- I do not have a FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number). Can I still use the Maine Job Bank?
Only if you are a small business owner and pay taxes under your Social Security Number (SSN). In this case, you can use your SSN instead of a FEIN.
- How will I know my FEIN/Account has been validated?
You will be sent an email if one was provided on your registration. Usually validation occurs within 24 hours or the next business day if you placed the order on a weekend.
- Is there a username and password retrieval process?
Yes, from the employer login window, click on "I forgot my username" or "I forgot my password." You will then complete a method to retrieve your username and/or password.
- If I set up a company account with Maine's Job Bank, will job seekers see this information and contact me directly for employment?
No. The names of employers who register with Maine's Job Bank are confidential and are not available to job seekers, or other employers. When you create a job order, you decide how the job seeker will contact you.
- I want separate usernames/passwords for each individual in the company who will be using Maine's Job Bank. Can I do this?
Yes. However, each individual will have to register with a unique username and password and each account will require validation.
- How do I post a job?
From the Job Order Management page, click on "New Job Order."
- What type of jobs are allowed to be posted Maine’s Job Bank?
All types of jobs are listed in Maine's Job Bank; however they must comply with the Maine Department of Labor's Job Posting Guidelines, and federal and state laws. We depend upon you to keep your job postings and other information about your company updated. We reserve the right to remove any job posting from the file if it contains inaccurate or inappropriate information.
- Can I leave my job order in your system indefinitely? We always have openings.
You can only list jobs when there is a specific opening. During the job order creation process you have the option to keep the posting open for 30, 60 or 90 days. While the job order is active you can update the posting as often as you wish. After the order is closed for recruitment you will be able to relist the order.
- Can I get my job order posted statewide?
All job orders in Maine's Job Bank are posted statewide automatically.
- Is there a limit to the number of job opportunities that I may post in Maine's Job Bank?
No. At this time there is no limit as to the number of positions you may post. Please update your postings regularly in order to keep fresh information available for our users.
- I only want job seekers to contact me by phone or fax. Can I do that?
Yes. When you place your job order, you will be given the option of indicating how you prefer job seekers to apply for the position. Simply mark the options you wish to use.
- Can I list my company website in the job posting?
Yes, any additional information about the job or the company should help attract a higher quality candidate.
- When I enter a job order, why doesn't it appear immediately?
Before an order becomes part of the database, Job Bank Central staff review it to ensure that the listing meets our requirements and that the information is consistent. Every effort is made to complete the review within one day. You will receive and email notification from Job Bank Central letting you know that the job order has been approved and posted.
- How do I contact a potential applicant?
An employer has the option to choose how applicants should contact them about their job openings. We will notify you when a job match referral is made against a job order. If you requested that we send you an applicant's résumé that is stored in Maine's Job Bank, we will send you a link to the person's résumé. You may also request that the applicant submit a completed Maine's Job Bank generated job application. We will also send you a link the completed application.
- How do I conduct a résumé search?
At this time you cannot conduct a résumé search. However this functionality will be available soon. An employer can choose to receive an applicant’s résumé during the referral instructions set up. If an applicant has posted a résumé and has agreed to share their information, we will send you the résumé.
- How can I report a bad or unreachable résumé?
If you find a résumé that is either an fake, or you get your email returned after trying to contact an applicant, please contact us at email@example.com.