Presque Isle CareerCenter
The Presque Isle CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
Area Job Fairs
Workshops and Events
- Recurring Workshop: Essentials of College Planning and Financial Aid-MEOC (By Appointment Only)
- Workshop: Preparing for a Successful Job Interview (Offered by appointment only) - December 6, 2013
- Recurring Workshop: Create Winning Resumes (Every Wednesday)
- Recurring Workshop: GATEways to Employment (Offered in PI and Houlton once monthly)
- Recurring Workshop: Computer Boot Camp (Offered on an as needed basis)
- Workshop: Job Search Tips for People with a Criminal History - December 20, 2013
- Workshop: Preparing For A Job Fair - October 2, 2013
211 is a searchable on-line database of community resources containing information on 5,000+ human services. It is the place to turn to when trying to find help.
- Aroostook County Action Program
Bureau of Rehabilitation Services
- Disability Program Navigator
A service of the CareerCenter for people with disabilities to help them "navigate" through the many work-related programs and services available at Maine CareerCenters.
- Food Pantries Across the State
- Local Workforce Investment Board
Local Area 1 Workforce Investment Board Aroostook and Washington Counties
- Maine Army National Guard
- Microsoft Office Tutorials
Official Site offering tutorials in both 2003 and 2007 versions of the software
- Small Business Assistance
Maine Small Business Development Centers
- The Aroostook Medical Center
- Veteran Information
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs. Call Randy Harper, Veterans' Representative at the Presque Isle CareerCenter at 760-6322 to set up an appointment.
- Women, Work, and Community-Presque Isle Office
About Our Mission: The mission of Maine Centers for Women, Work, and Community (WWC) is to improve the economic lives of Maine women and their families by increasing their income, assets, and earning potential and their overall quality of life.
In a nutshell: Founded in 1978 as a displaced homemakers program through state legislation, Women, Work, and Community is the only statewide comprehensive women’s economic development organization in Maine. The organization has grown from one site to eighteen sites serving all 16 Maine counties.
Contact Information Women, Work, and Community Presque Isle Center Northern Maine Community College 33 Edgemont Drive Presque Isle, ME 04769
Phone: (207) 764-0050 Fax: (207) 769-6608
Suzanne Senechal-Jandreau - Workforce Development Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Quin-Easter - Microenterprise Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Local Education/Training Resources
- MSAD #1 Adult Ed
- Northern Maine Community College
- Houlton/Hodgdon SAD 29/70 Adult Education
- University College at Houlton
- University Of Maine at Fort Kent
- RSU #39 Caribou Area Adult Education
Caribou area adult education for assistance with GED, computer training, Certified Nurses Aide training and various other educational programs.
75 Bennett Drive • Suite 2 • Caribou, ME 04736 firstname.lastname@example.org • (207) 493-4272